You can like to eat, but still eat well. Fooducate – Diet Tracker & Healthy Food Nutrition Scanner can help. It looks at the food you buy, grades its nutritional value, and recommends healthier alternatives. For example, when you scan a box of Cliff Builder Protein Bar. The app gave the product a grade of C+ and alerted that it is highly processed, made with refined flours, and contained trans-fats, even if the label said it didn’t. It also gave a list of other options to choose from. With a UPC database of over 200,000 products, Fooducate is a good way to learn about what you eat and how to eat better. Note that there is also a paid ad-free version of the app.
FOODUCATE HELPS YOU EAT HEALTHY
- Track your diet, calorie quality, and exercise
- Search by scaning a product barcode, search for products, or browse by categories
- See a food’s nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
- Learn about a product’s pros and cons
- Choose healthier alternatives
- Add your own foods to track
- Share your feedback with the community
- Create a healthy shopping list
- Submit new products for analysis
FOODUCATE TEACHES YOU
Fooducate analyzes information found in a product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. You’ll discover things manufacturers don’t want you to notice, such as
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO – genetical modified organisms (premium versions only)
- additives and preservatives
- artificial sweeteners
- and more…Just pick up a product from the shelf, scan it, and let Fooducate do the rest.
FOODUCATE GRADING SYSTEM
Fooducate automatically grades foods and beverage on a scale from A to D. There are 10 distinct grades: A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, and D.
Fooducate’s algorithm is based on information that is publicly available on a product’s package: the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. We do not receive any additional information from manufacturers.
The algorithm rewards minimally processed, nutrient dense foods with the highest grades. This means that real foods, with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients and use fortification as a means to appear healthy.
Fooducate Plus – Diet Tracker & Healthy Food Nutrition Scanner – Fooducate, Ltd. – Premium version without Ads and few added features
Allergy & Gluten Free Diet Tracker by Fooducate – Fooducate, Ltd.
Diabetes Nutrition & Diet Tracker by Fooducate – Fooducate, Ltd.